How to configure Outlook to work with your email account
There are 3 pieces of information needed when configuring Outlook to work with POP and SMTP email.
- Your POP and SMTP mail server address
- Your user name and password
- Make sure your ISP (Internet Service Provider) doesn't block port 25
Follow these instructions to configure Outlook
- Open up Outlook
- Click Tools - Account Settings
- Click New... this will launch the configuration wizard, choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP option and click Next
- At the bottom of the screen check the "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" box and click Next
- Make sure "Internet E-mail" is checked and click Next
- Fill in your information; name and email. For account type make sure POP3 is selected
- Use mail.your_domain_name.com and the same for the Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Type in your username (should be full email address ex: [email protected]_name.com) and your password
- Click Next and Finish
Note: If your Internet Service Provider blocks outgoing port 25 do the following:
- Click the More Settings... button from your account configuration page
- Click the Advanced tab and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) value to 587
- Click OK
If you would like a service but do not have enough of a budget, earn points through our affiliate program by referring customers to us and use them toward your project or service with us.
Have any questions?
Use the following form to submit them or call us at 413-776-4190 within US or +1 413 776 41 90 (International).
Use the form below and ask your questions