Drupal requirements for the installation
The minimum disk space needed for Drupal installation is 40MB as indicated on Drupal's web site. We recommend at least 100MB which should allow enough room to have a variety of themes and modules on your Drupal site and have a backup of everything.
Drupal runs on both Apache and IIS with Apache being the recommended platform.
Recommended Web Servers
- Apache 1.3 or 2.x running on *nix, Windows or OS X platforms.
- IIS 5, 6 or 7 as long as PHP is configured correctly.
Recommended Database Servers
- Drupal 5.x and earlier need MySQL 3.23.17 and up.
- Drupal 6 needs MySQL 4.1 and up.
- Drupal 7 needs MySQL 5.0.15 and up.
- Drupal 7 will also run on PostgreSQL 7.4 and up.
Note: Some inexpensive hosting packages do not provide or support the following database account rights: ALTER, SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE, DROP, CREATE, INDEX. That is why we strongly recommend using either our fully managed hosting plan or self managed GoEasy plan – both fully support Drupal and we also offer our support to address any issue.
Recommended PHP versions
- PHP 5.2.x is recommended
- PHP 4.3.5 is required.