Google app email setup
These only apply to configuring POP3 and SMTP
Google app emails work through secure connections. This is important to understand when setting up your email program to work with Google apps. These steps also assume that you have already signed up with Google apps either free or paid, went through all confirmation steps and now are ready to configure your email program like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
The information you will need is the following:
- Your name: This is optional but put something in there so that people see who the email came from.
- E-mail address:The email address you're trying to your mailbox with.
- Incoming mail server(POP3): pop.yourdomain.com (you have to create a CNAME record in your DNS zone first and point it to pop.gmail.com).
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.yourdomain.com (you have to create a CNAME record in your DNS zone first and point it to smtp.gmail.com).
- User Name: Your full email address like email@example.com
- Password: Password to your mailbox.
- Login using secure password authentication: This should be disabled.
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: This should be enabled.
- Use the same settings as my incoming mail server: This should be selected.
- Incoming server (POP3): Port 995.
- This server requires a secure connection (SSL): This should be enabled.
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Port 587.
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TSL.
- Server Timeouts: (Greater than 1 minute. Recommended setting is 5).
- Leave a copy of messages on the server Set this to disabled, otherwise you will end up downloading multiple copies of the same messages.